Criteria for Hospice Eligibility
An individual may be self-referred, referred by family or medical provider to Archway Hospice Services. Medical eligibility for hospice care is determined by your medical provider and a hospice medical director. Typically, hospice care is appropriate if you:
- Have a life expectancy of six months or less (if the disease runs it’s normal course) as determined by your physician and the hospice medical director.
- Desire palliative treatment instead of curative care.
- Prefer not to return to the hospital or emergency room.
- Are experiencing pain and/or other discomfort.
- Want to stay home as long as possible.
- Would like assistance with emotional, social and/or spiritual needs.